- God is with me. He has always been with me. He will always be with me. (Week 1)
- God loves me no matter what. God loves me even when me mess up.
- God created me for a purpose
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.Psalm 119:11 NIV
Last week we learned that God created the world and everything in it. He created all of the planets and stars, our world and all of the animals. God didn’t stop there. He created people too.
Do you know why God created people? He created people to have a relationship with him. He wanted to spend time with us. He created a perfect place for the first people Adam and Eve to live. The place was called the Garden of Eden or just the Garden. Adam and Eve took care of the garden and all of the animals. Every day God would spend time with them. God had one rule that Adam and Eve couldn’t eat or even touch a special tree in the middle of the garden.
Things were going well until one day …
Select one or more of the following:
Read The First Sin from the The Bible App for Kids. (Available for IOS & Android. You will need to download the story once you have installed the app.
Read OR Watch Tempted in the Garden from the Action Bible pages 21-23.
- Read Genesis 1:26-27 God created us in ________ image. God created you to be his friend. Think about that for a minute. God calls you friend. He is a friend that will always be with you. He is a friend that will always love you. You can always talk to him or pray. You can talk to him on good days, bad days or just because you want to.
- In Genesis 2:15-17 what one rule did God give Adam & Eve? Even though Adam & Eve had a consequence for breaking God’s rule God forgave them. Have you ever broken rules at home or school? What happened? Did you parents forgive you?
- What can you do when you are tempted to make bad choices?
Make a poster for this week’s Bible verse.
Keep Growing in Grace. — Dee