According to some records the Christian Church first held services in the courthouse. In 1879 A.P. Aten, started Aten College in Lampasas. Professor Aten was an ordained Disciples of Christ minister building. Services were held regularly in the college building.
The first church building was built on 4th Street between Elm and Hackberry. Dedication services were held March 25, 1883. V.R. Stapp was the first full-time pastor of Central Christian.
In 1905, a lot on the corner of 3rd and Chestnut was purchased to build a new native limestone building. Dedication services for the new building were held November 19, 1905. The next year education space was added. Later additional education space, a kitchen and fellowship hall were added.
In 1998 Central Christian relocated to the corner of 1st and S. Broad Streets.