- God keeps His promises. (Week 3)
- Worship only God. (Week 11)
- God wants a relationship with us. (Week 15)
These proverbs will give insight to the simple, knowledge and discernment to the young.Proverbs 1:4NLT
This week we return to the Old Testament. Before Advent we talked about the Israelites wanting a king. They were given King Saul but things didn’t work out to well. Next God chose David. He is known as “a man after God’s own heart”. Unlike Saul, David tried to follow God and loved God dearly. David’s son Solomon would follow him as king. Solomon was a wise king.
Watch Solomon’s Wisdom.
Solomon was a very wise king. The book of Proverbs contains many of his wise sayings.
- Who wrote much of Proverbs?
- Who was his dad?
- How do the Proverbs help us?
If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom.James 3:13 NLT
- How do our actions prove that we are wise?
- Why is humility important to honoring God?
- Wise kids are _______ and _______.
- Why is it important to trust God’s wisdom over our own?
- What is wisdom?
- How does having wisdom help us?
- What are some wise things your parents, grandparents or other adults have taught you?