- God keeps His Promises (Week 3)
- God provides for us. (Week 4)
God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.John 3:16
In last week’s lesson God asked Abraham to trust him even when it was hard. This week we are going to learn more about Abraham’s journey of faith.
Select one of more of the following.
Read A Father’s Sacrifice pages 64-68 in The Action Bible.
Read Abraham’s Big Test from The Bible App for Kids. (Available for IOS & Android. You will need to download the story once you have installed the app.
Watch Sacrificing Isaac from Saddleback Kids.
- Read Genesis 17:1-7. What promise did God make to Abraham?
- What happens in Genesis 21:1-7?
- Read Genesis 22:1-19.
- God asked Abraham to give up the most important person to him, his son Isaac. What would you do if God asked you to give up something or someone very important to you?
- Why did God tell Abraham to sacrifice Isaac? (God already the choice Abraham would make. God wanted Abraham wanted to see he would trust God.)
- Sometimes God may ask you to do hard things and sometimes the asks to do things that are not hard. We have to be willing to listen and obey Him. Our faith grows by trusting God even in tough times.
- Read John 3:16.
- Why did God send his Son Jesus to earth?
- God asking Abraham to sacrifice his son points to God sending his son.
As a family think of on way you can put God first this week.